Repeat Prescriptions Online
From March 2016 we are pleased to offer our patients online repeat prescribing and medical access. Please contact the practice for further details on how to register for this service. To use EMIS Patient Access, you will need a practice ID number, Access ID number and a password. Please contact the surgery for information on setting up your Patient Access.
We ask that you make an appointment with a GP.
Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.
On the run up to Bank Holidays, especially Christmas and Easter, the dispensary is very busy, so please allow plenty of time when requesting your repeat medication.
1. By telephone - on the main telephone number 01564 742274 any time between 9.30am and 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 6.30pm.
2. Online via our website (Patient Access) - you will need to register first - please ask any of our Receptionists for information.
3. In person - mark the items you wish to order and either hand in at Reception or put in the repeat box in the porch. If the practice is closed, put in the letter box provided.
4. By fax - clearly state your name, address and the items you wish to order. Fax to 01564 742959.
5. By post - mark the items on your repeat request slip or clearly write your details and the items you require.
Please note: We request that you wait two working days before collecting your prescription regardless of how you requested your medication.
If you have any changes in your medication or develop any allergies, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may update your records.
Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will require regular monitoring of their condition.
Please do not stockpile unwanted medication at home. If you do not need the medication please do not order.
If you are a dispensing patient, as a practice we offer a free delivery service for our patients if you are housebound or very elderly.
If you have problems with remembering to take your medication, free weekly medipack delivery. Please ask at reception for information on either of these services.
As of April 2019:-
The current prescription charge is £9.00 per item.
£29.10 for 3 months – if you require 4 items or more in 3 months this will save you money
£104.00 for 12 months – if you require 14 or more items in 12 months this will save you money
Please ask at Reception for a Pre-Payment Certificate application form